Many parents don’t know what to choose when it comes to their child’s academic success: an after-school enrichment program or an after-school tutor. First, parents should understand the difference between them. Then, they should consider the costs of either program.
Click here to download and share this infographic!
After-School Enrichment vs. After-School Tutoring: Quick Facts
- Experienced tutors can cost around $85 an hour.
- Inexperienced tutors can be cheaper (around $25 – $50 an hour).
- Some tutors may not have the experience, training, knowledge, or supplements to help a student.
- Parents usually provide materials for the tutor (such as homework or workbooks, which is an extra expense)
- An experienced and trained teacher can cost around $25 an hour.
- Material and homework is included in the price.
- Company pays for training and support for all teachers.
What do you think about after-school enrichment vs. after-school tutoring? Which one do you prefer?
Author: Becky Adams, English Program Manager at MathWizard, Inc.