1. Full Name of the Owner(s): (as you would like it to appear in the article)
2. Academy Name & Location
3. Do you have a family? If you have any children, what are their names and ages?
My husband works for an IT company. I have two boys aged 18 (pursuing Aerospace Engineering in Texas A&M), and 12 year old (studying in middle school).
4. What is your educational background? Where did you go to school/university?
I obtained my bachelor’s degree from India and completed my Montessori certification in Dallas.
5. What is your work history?
I worked in a Montessori School for five years before I opened A Grade Ahead in Dec 2016.
6. Why did you choose to open an A Grade Ahead franchise?
I was a customer of A Grade Ahead for more than 10 years and was very impressed with the curriculum. Being in Education background, I realized the need for bringing in this great curriculum to benefit the students in the area.
7. What are your future plans for your academy/academies?
I would like to expand, take it to nearby places, and have more students get benefited by it.
8. What advice would you give to someone who is starting an A Grade Ahead franchise?
I think it is a great opportunity. The fact that so many students are benefited by the program gives you great satisfaction.
9. What is the best part of our program?
Our excellent curriculum and teaching methodology.
10. What do you do for fun outside of work?
I enjoy spending time and going out with family in my free time.
11. What is your favorite book?
12. What are your children’s favorite books?
My son loves reading Percy Jackson and Olympians series by Rick Riordan.
13. What advice do you have for parents who want to help their children get ahead?
Practice makes you perfect! A Grade Ahead’s daily practice assignments build strong foundation and concepts.
If you are interested in learning more about becoming an A Grade Ahead franchisee, visit our website for more information or contact Mandy Ahlstrom, Franchise Manager at 614-389-4117.
Author: Nate Baltzer, Teacher/Writer, A Grade Ahead