We look for inspiration from nature, from art, and from others. People use inspirational quotes and stories for a multitude of reasons. Some quotes help us look at situations from a different point of view and allow us to broaden our scope. Others provide reassurance that life will go on, things happen for a reason, and that we will overcome hardships. People keep these inspirational quotes as their background on their phone, in a document on their computer, on a sticky note on their desk, or as artwork on their walls. I asked some of the A Grade Ahead corporate staff to share with me some of their favorite inspirational quotes and stories. Here’s what they had to say:
Motivational and Inspiring Quotes and Stories
Debra Gall – Human Resources Manager
- “Whether you think you can, or you think you can’t – you’re right.” –Henry Ford
Nichole Armstrong – Enrichment at Home and Mason Academy Manager
- “You miss 100% of the shots you don’t take.” – Wayne Gretzky
Amy Licata – Human Resources Assistant
- “It’s not what happens to you, but how you react to it that matters.” – Epictetus
- “No one is perfect – that’s why pencils have erasers.” – Unknown
- “I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And I will not let what I cannot do interfere with what I can do.” – Edward Everett Hale
Mandy Ahlstrom – Franchising Manager
- “When you go out into the woods and you look at trees, you see all these different trees. And some of them are bent, and some of them are straight, and some of them are evergreens, and some of them are whatever. And you look at the tree and you allow it. You see why it is the way it is. You sort of understand that it didn’t get enough light, and so it turned that way. And you don’t get all emotional about it. You just allow it. You appreciate the tree. The minute you get near humans, you lose all that. And you are constantly saying ‘You’re too this, or I’m too this.’ That judging mind comes in. And so I practice turning people into trees. Which means appreciating them just the way they are.” – Ram Dass
Sarah Laatsch – Graphic Designer and Franchising Assistant
- “Sucking at something is the first step to being sort of good at something.” – Adventure Time
Janelle Homier – Marketing Assistant and Central Ohio Academy Assistant
- “Beauty begins the moment you decide to be yourself.” – Coco Chanel
- “Everything you’ve ever wanted is on the other side of fear” – George Addair
Where do I find inspirational quotes?
There are tons of places to find other great inspirational quotes, such as Pinterest, brainyquote, Google, and @Inspire_us on Twitter. You can even make up your own. (Those are some of the best ones!) Below is a fun infographic I found that both you and your children might enjoy. It shows famous inspirational quotes shared by fictional characters from a variety of books and movies. Do you remember any of these?
What’s your favorite inspirational quote? Let us know in the comments below!
Author: Janelle Homier, Marketing and Academy Assistant at A Grade Ahead